This marks the first major release for Kaoto. 🍾 Kaoto is an open source visual integration and workflow editor. It supports multiple DSLs and advanced integration capabilities for both developers and non-developers.
Kaoto was built to be extended, and it gives you a layer of abstraction where you can store catalogs of steps/actions and custom configuration views for those steps/actions outside of Kaoto.
In this 1.0.0 release, we focused on supporting Apache Camel DSLs, such as Camel Route in YAML DSL , Kamelet , KameletBinding and Integration .
Give it a try!
- Kaoto quickstart
- Kaoto is available as a VSCode extension .
- Kaoto showcase deployment on IBM Cloud .
- Drag and drop & point and click support of building integrations visually
- Choice of displaying the visualization horizontally/vertically
- Searchable visual catalog of actions/steps (typically Camel components)
- One-click synchronization of canvas (visual integration) and its corresponding code
- Validation of YAML syntax
- Validation of Camel-specific syntax through Camel language server protocol
- One-click deployment of YAML-based integrations or custom resources to the cloud, with a specific namespace
- Upload/download YAML code for integrations
- Guided hints with tooltips throughout workflow
- Simple visualization of EIPs and multiple execution flows with branching, including built-in support for validation rules (i.e. minimum/maximum branches)
- Support for working with multiple DSLs (e.g. KameletBinding, Camel Components)
- Automatic generation of forms for action/step/component properties
- Support for extending each action/step/component with its own custom configuration view
- View, search, and manage deployments from a single place
- View deployment output through a dedicated log
- Dark mode
Take a sneak peak
If you wanna learn more, there are workshops available here
A big shoutout to all the amazing people that help the project get into this milestone
Thank you to everyone who made this release possible, whether by a code contribution, feedback, advocacy, or participating in an important discussion with us. ❤️
@aaj013 @almen-ng @amysueg @apupier @astefanutti @balellu @balejosg @balejos @bdherouville @brunoNetId @brunopedrosobuilders @caponetto @christophd @Croway @danielezonca @delawen @djelinek @ederign @evanshortiss @erayerdem @GuilhermeCamposo @helio-frota @hguerrero @igarashitm @ibek @javierlopezdeancos @jcordes73 @joshiraez @kahboom @krisv @lazarotti @lhein @lordrip @lburgazzoli @Mdenisco @mmelko @miram13 @pamenon @phantomjinx @Pompette @prapthik @rstroop @squakez @tadayosi @thiagoelg @tiagobento @timothydilbert @tplevko @unsortedhashsets @varkrish @zbendhiba
And even the bots: @dependabot @deepsourcebot
Apologies in advance if we’ve missed anyone. 🙂
See Kaoto backend release notes for v1.0.0 here